Famous British Chinese Celebrities. British Chinese people in this context refers to any persons of Chinese descent. Top 25 List, compiled by BBCZeitgeist in accordance with Facebook's fanbase, in reverse order of popularity - (updated August 2012)
Some Interesting Stats
- 15 out of the 25 are mixed race
- 9 out of 25 are full blood chinese
- 16 out of 25 are female
- 9 out of 25 are male (5 of which are mixed race)
- 4 out of 25 are full blood Chinese males
- 2 out of 25 are full blood Chinese male (BBC) British Born and Raised
- 7 out of the 25 are British Born Chinese
- 1 out of the 10 mixed race females are married to (or in a relationship with) a full blood Chinese.
- 1 out of the 25 is a full blood BBHKC male- BBC (Hong Kong) male - Matthew Koon.
Statistically, there are observable prima facie trends relating to unpopularity, discrimination and under representation, it is largely faced by full blood Chinese men, in particular British Born Chinese full blood males.
Against extreme odds, 7 BBC's in the list of 25 have garnered a fanbase, Matthew Koon is the first non-caucasian to play Billy Elliot, Stevie Hoang produced music in a makeshift studio, Katie Leung beat 4000 other Chinese girls for the single Chinese role of Cho Chang, Bubzbeauty had no outlet except the virtual world of Youtube. Life before Youtube, before the internet and before JK Rowling, the odds of these BBC's gaining recognition or an audience would be close to nil.
Just how Chinese are these Mixed race?
Further reading: http://bbczeitgeist.blogspot.com/2011/03/mixed-race-chinese-those-of-chinese.html